HAL at Defense and Security Equipment International 2017
Defense and Security Equipment International (DSEI) 2017 has come and gone, with over 2,500 delegates visiting 40 international pavilions, according to the DSEI media centre. One of the largest defense events in the world, it is held annually in London. It provides leading equipment and software suppliers in the security and tactical markets the opportunity to demonstrate the pedigree of their products and to share innovative knowledge.
It was in these esteemed surroundings that HAL Communications announced the launch of their latest product.
HAL’s new HF radio modem
HAL’s MB5100 HF Radio Mailbox boasts a range of new features that define it as a standout addition to HAL’s portfolio, including:
• Seamless operation with smartphone and tablet mail apps, including Exchange, Outlook, Apple Mail, and Gmail. It is also compatible with iOS, Android and Microsoft platforms.
• No additional user training required – it is as easy as sending an email from your mobile or other computer device.
• Data Encryption and enhanced Link Security ensures that your transmitted information is protected.
• The Priority and Emergency Messaging feature ensures message delivery in times of urgency due to tactical needs or conditions causing duress.
• The CLOVER 2500 device boasts an effective throughput rate of up to 19.2Kbps, subject to link quality and file compressibility.
What other HF radio suppliers were at DSEI 2017?
HF radios were a major area of interest for conference-goers, with a variety of industry leading names from around the world participating. Names like Barrett Communications spoke to the quality of the tactical suppliers present – but, in supplying HF radio modems backed by years of industry experience, HAL’s equipment stood out on its own.
What other HF radio equipment was displayed at DSEI 2017?
HF communications is an area of ongoing innovation as suppliers seek to refine the reliability of their equipment. Barrett Communications marked DSEI 2017 with the launch of their 4075 High Power HF transmitter – a liquid cooled amplifier which, when coupled with a HF radio transceiver, allows for reliable high power operation. This innovation is akin to the mantra that informs HAL in developing its own products.
Industry leaders in supplying HF radio modems for a range of industries since the mid-60’s, you can see HAL’s line of products by visiting our Products page. Alternatively, touch base with our customer service team to find out more.